Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Brotas Obstacle Course



After bone chilling temperatures in NY (I had moments this week when I was walking to school and I thought my face was going to fall off…), I’m anxiously awaiting Brazil’s warm weather. So much that I wore my flip flops to the airport. While for many people getting to the airport is not a major ideal (and therefore wearing flip flops is not a big deal..), for cash-strapped Bronxvillians it’s an adventure. Our trip to JFK required a calling a car to get to the train station to get us to midtown so we could hop on a bus to JFK. Total travel time = 2 hours 20 mins.



Our third and last day in Brotas involved an aerial obstacle course with Alaya outfitters. It involved each of us having a carabiner, pulleys, 30 meters of heights and zip lines. It was quite a work out as you can see and it seemed like we were on some sort of "Reality Fear Factor Rules" show. I will let the pictures speak for themselves and I have also included a video of our guide, Daniel, doing the all challenges in under 4 minutes. It is important to note, he could probably do it a lot faster, but of course he was following all the appropriate safety precautions. He reminds me of Spiderman going through these challenges. Catch the video here.
Graeme is much better at recording our travel memories than me (note: one of my only China/Thailand blog entries focused on massages, not one of the many worldly sights we saw…)

No comments: